Wednesday, May 25, 2005

WORTH READING 25 May 2005

No more
-Dahlia Sami

As I walked to my car late at night
I saw a shadow of a child

He knelt on a wall on the cold side walk
Trying to sleep where it was not so dark

I said: Hey, little child
He looked at me and sadly, slightly smiled

I asked: are you out here alone
All on your own

With a melancholic look he answered yes
And continued: but why do you ask, you couldn't care less!

At that moment I did not conceive his answer as hostile
I felt his feelings were fragile

He was about to leave so I shouted: No! Wait! I care!
He said I don't think anyone really cares

I asked: why?
He seemed some how shy

For a minute he remained silent
He seemed reluctant

He looked surprised that I showed interest
But at this point I think he thought I was unlike the rest

People see him every day
But no one sensed his dismay

I insisted again and asked: tell me your story
I will listen to you, do not worry

In sorrow he said: I opened my eyes to this world and found myself on
the
streets
Nothing to do but run around in search of food or some sort of treat

Form just any one who might believe my need
And give me something to drink or eat

I never bathed except under the cold rain
And had nothing but endless pain

I always wondered what it would be like
To have someone to take care of me and be kind

Like that child, look! Over there
With his mother and father to care

He stopped talking, took a long breath and sighed
He tried to hold his tears, but then he cried

I could not bear the sight
I held him in my arms so tight

He wept and wept
Till he slept

I found my self carrying his frail body
I tried to stay steady

My tears came down quietly
I cried silently

To myself I thought: Why leave such innocence alone
And simply be gone!

I could not find an answer for I always found reasons
Oh no, but not his time! I could no bear any answers

Children are a blessing
This poor one was collapsing

I took the frail one to my home
I couldn't leave him all alone

I am old and alone
He is too young and on his own

I was lucky and had a good life
Why leave this one in strife

Maybe it was destiny
For me to be his good company

I will bathe him and nourish him
Dress him and comb him

I want to give him a proper life
And make an effort to end his unbearable strife

He suddenly woke up from his sleep
To find me sleeping by him cheek to cheek

With my big arms lovingly wrapped around him
He could barely lift them

I woke up and told him hush my child hush
Sleep and don't think too much or rush

You are safe, here with me
Try to sleep in serenity

Taste what it would be like
To have a father for at least this night

He was too tired and confused, but smiled and came to me
He slept as if he hadn't before in his life, he slept quietly

As the morning came and the sun shined
I woke up, but didn't find him by my side

I jumped in fear
But found him near

He had been standing by the bedside
Waiting for me to lift an eyelid

He said good morning kind sir
Tell me why did you bring me here?

I smiled and said
Are you afraid?

He said no, you seem very kind
But I want to understand

I told him it is simple
You are too little

To be all alone out there
I want to watch for you as you grow and to care

Yesterday you said that I wouldn't care less
But to me you were a great bliss

I also was alone
Out there on my own

And someone came to me and asked
Why was I all alone?

We were both lucky and blessed
For destiny to give us a rest

Now you and I are together
Hopefully forever

No more shall you be hungry or cold
Or feel emptiness or hear a scold

>From someone who might be heartless or cruel
Or someone who might be rude

Only now we need to try to find
More of our kind

This house is big and spacious
We can use it to make others gracious!

Hand in hand you and i
We can at least give it a try

I have faith in you although you are still so young
But someday you will grow up and be so fine

I know you will grow to have lots of compassion
I know you will be able to put so much addition

Into this effort of helping the homeless and needy
Those who have trouble fitting into society

------------------------------------------------------------------
YOUR WORTH READING, IS JUST A BLOG AWAY @
http://readingtimefolks.blogspot.com/
SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE FOR THIS MAILING LIST @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/WorthReading

ALSO PLAYING AT A MAILING LIST NEAR YOU ::

QUOTATION OF THE DAY
--------------------
They inspire, they motivate and at times they tickle your funny bone.
But they never miss to touch your heart. Your daily supply of chosen
gems from the world of literature, ancient proverbs, poetry and sayings
from great leaders.

Join the Quote A Day mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/QuotationOfTheDay
Or simply Blog it @
http://quotationoftheday.blogspot.com/

JOKE OF THE DAY
----------------
As wise men say, a joke a day keeps the doctor away. So step into the
health zone by sharing a hearty laugh. A variety of jokes that are
ludicrous and trivial, witty and wacky, spontaneous and sportive.
Wishing you a laugh riot.

Join the Joke of the Day mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/JokeOfTheDay
Or simply go Blogging @
http://joketimefolks.blogspot.com/

18++
----
Indulge your dirty mind with some outright hilarious adult jokes. They
could be expletive or subtle but they are definitely rated - XXX.
Statutory Warning - 18++ may be injurious if your mommy sees it,
subscribe at your own risk.

Join the 18++ mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/18PlusPlus
Or simply go Blogging @
http://18plusplus.blogspot.com/

********************** Legal Disclaimer ****************************
"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."
**********************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home