Wednesday, December 14, 2005

WORTH READING 14 Dec 2005

I Choose...

It's quiet. It's early. My coffee is hot. The sky is still black. The
world
is still asleep. The day is coming.

In a few moments the day will arrive. It will roar down the track with
the
rising of the sun. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the
noise
of the day.

The calm of the solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the
human
race. The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by decisions to be
made and deadlines to be met.

For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day's demands. It is
now
that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose. And
so I
choose.

I choose love...
No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness, I choose
love.
Today I will love God and what God loves.

I choose joy...
I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the
temptation to be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse
to
see
people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse
to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.

I choose peace...
I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I choose patience...
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the
one
who takes my place, I'll invite him to do so. Rather than complaining
that
the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of
clenching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and
courage.

I choose kindness...
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for
they
are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I choose goodness...
I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one. I will be
overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse.
I choose goodness.

I choose faithfulness...
Today I will keep my promises. My debtors will not regret their trust.
My associates will not question my word. My loved ones will not question
my love. And my children will never fear that their parent will not
come home.

I choose gentleness...
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice, may
it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.

I choose self-control...
I am a spiritual being. After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I
refuse
to let what will rot, rule the eternal. I choose self-control.
I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I
will
be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ.

I choose self-control.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks.

If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then when this day is done, I will
place my head on my pillow and rest.

------------------------------------------------------------------
YOUR WORTH READING, IS JUST A BLOG AWAY @
http://readingtimefolks.blogspot.com/
SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE FOR THIS MAILING LIST @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/WorthReading

ALSO PLAYING AT A MAILING LIST NEAR YOU ::

QUOTATION OF THE DAY
--------------------
They inspire, they motivate and at times they tickle your funny bone.
But they never miss to touch your heart. Your daily supply of chosen
gems from the world of literature, ancient proverbs, poetry and sayings
from great leaders.

Join the Quote A Day mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/QuotationOfTheDay
Or simply Blog it @
http://quotationoftheday.blogspot.com/

JOKE OF THE DAY
----------------
As wise men say, a joke a day keeps the doctor away. So step into the
health zone by sharing a hearty laugh. A variety of jokes that are
ludicrous and trivial, witty and wacky, spontaneous and sportive.
Wishing you a laugh riot.

Join the Joke of the Day mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/JokeOfTheDay
Or simply go Blogging @
http://joketimefolks.blogspot.com/

18++
----
Indulge your dirty mind with some outright hilarious adult jokes. They
could be expletive or subtle but they are definitely rated - XXX.
Statutory Warning - 18++ may be injurious if your mommy sees it,
subscribe at your own risk.

Join the 18++ mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/18PlusPlus
Or simply go Blogging @
http://18plusplus.blogspot.com/

********************** Legal Disclaimer ****************************
"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."
**********************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home