Friday, August 27, 2004

Worth Reading

The Unfinished Prayer
~ Thomas H. Ayers


"Now I lay me down --say it, darling,"
"Lay down," lisped the tiny lips
Of my daughter, kneeling, bending,
O'er her folded finger tips.

"Down to sleep." "To s'eep," she murmured;
And the curly head bent low.
"I pray the Lord," I gently added--
"You can say it all, I know."

"P'ay de Lord," the words came faintly--
Fainter still, "my soul to teep."
Then the tired head fairly nodded,
And my child was fast asleep.

But the dewy eyes half opened
When I clasped her to my breast,
And the dear voice gently whispered--
"Mamma, God knows all de yest."

Oh! the trusting, sweet confiding
Of the child-heart! Would that I
Thus might trust my Heavenly Father,
He who hears my feeblest cry!


Enjoy
Chirag
:c )

------------------------------------------------------------------
If u want to add someone's name in this mailing list or want to remove
ur name, please send a mail to me at chiragg4u@yahoo.com for the
same.

Other Mailing Lists just for you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joke of The Day - Cool Jokes for you.
Worth Reading - Poems, articles etc.
18++ - Mature Jokes.
Quotation of the Day - Great quotations.

Just mail for the subscription...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home