Thursday, January 05, 2006

WORTH READING 5 Jan 2006

Holistic Living

Walking through a forest, a man chanced to meet 4 beautiful women.
Greeting
them, he introduced himself.

The tall and slim women said : "My name is Buddhi (intellect), I live in
man's head".

The women with Kohlined eyes said :"I am Lajja, I live in the eyes of
man as
modesty and present
myself as decorum in behavior".

The third lady had a well-toned body. "I am Himmat", she said. "I live
in
man's heart. I give him the courage to live". The traveler bowed low.

The fourth lady had rosy cheeks and radiated freshness. "My name in
Tandurusti (health). I live in man's stomach", she said.

As the traveler went ahead, his thoughts went back to 4 women he had
met. At
the end of the forest, he met 4 young men

"I am Krodh (anger)", said the first man who was handsome but for his
brows,
which were always knitted. "Where do you live", the traveler asked. "I
live
in man's head", said Krodh. The traveler said this was not possible. He
had
just met Buddhi and she lived in the head. Krodh said "Till I enter
Buddhi
remains. Once I enter, she runs away". Krodh had strong muscles and a
forceful personality.

The second man was Laalach (greed). "I live in people's eyes", he said.
Once
again the traveler interjected to say "Only Lajja lives there". "Just
place
a bag of gold coins and see how Lajja runs away from people's eyes. Or
offer
a position of power. Desire does not believe in modesty, shame or
decorum.
It is an expression of greed".

Who would the third man be ? "I am Bhay (fear)", the sickly-looking man
was
saying. "I live in people's hearts". "Is it not the residence of Himmat
?"
the traveler asked. "When people do not obey their conscience, they are
always afraid. They do wrong and so are full of fear of being caught.
That
is why Himmat wanders homeless while I reside comfortably in people's
hearts. Sometimes when I dominate, people say they have a heart attack
and
go to the doctor. They give me even more space when and if they come
back".

"My name is Rog (disease)",said the fourth man. He looked healthy. "I
live
in people's stomachs. They are forever downing intoxicants that goes
into
their stomach, feeding me. I know you will wonder where Tandurusti went.
She
does not stand a chance. Everybody wants her but it is me they feed when
they drink, smoke and partake other such substances".

A healthy and happy life seems to be within reach. But so are problems.
If
we invite problems, is it
fair to blame it all on fate ? Can we make small resolves that will make
some space for Buddhi, Lajja, Himmat and Tandurusti within us ? Small
resolves like : "I will control my anger today. I will limit my
possessions.
I will try to remove fear. I will not give in to temptations that lead
me to
ill health". Small vows or anuvrats are firm stepping stones to a
happier
and healthier life.

All it takes to be able to live a holistic life to resist temptation,
taking
one step at a time. Health, happiness and peace will be within reach.

------------------------------------------------------------------
YOUR WORTH READING, IS JUST A BLOG AWAY @
http://readingtimefolks.blogspot.com/
SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE FOR THIS MAILING LIST @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/WorthReading

ALSO PLAYING AT A MAILING LIST NEAR YOU ::

QUOTATION OF THE DAY
--------------------
They inspire, they motivate and at times they tickle your funny bone.
But they never miss to touch your heart. Your daily supply of chosen
gems from the world of literature, ancient proverbs, poetry and sayings
from great leaders.

Join the Quote A Day mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/QuotationOfTheDay
Or simply Blog it @
http://quotationoftheday.blogspot.com/

JOKE OF THE DAY
----------------
As wise men say, a joke a day keeps the doctor away. So step into the
health zone by sharing a hearty laugh. A variety of jokes that are
ludicrous and trivial, witty and wacky, spontaneous and sportive.
Wishing you a laugh riot.

Join the Joke of the Day mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/JokeOfTheDay
Or simply go Blogging @
http://joketimefolks.blogspot.com/

18++
----
Indulge your dirty mind with some outright hilarious adult jokes. They
could be expletive or subtle but they are definitely rated - XXX.
Statutory Warning - 18++ may be injurious if your mommy sees it,
subscribe at your own risk.

Join the 18++ mailing list @
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/18PlusPlus
Or simply go Blogging @
http://18plusplus.blogspot.com/

********************** Legal Disclaimer ****************************
"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."
**********************************************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home